Sunday, December 12, 2010

La Paloma, Uruguay, Mile 1,075, December 11, 2010

La Paloma, mile 1,075

Greetings from La Paloma, again. It turned out to be a nice day to do nothing, so I decided to stay here, which gives me the added benefit of arriving in Punta del Este tomorrow, not today, and hopefully paying mid-week prices for a room there.


This morning, I rode around and out of town for a while, and came back ready for a shower...to discover, again, no water pressure. This gets old. I went down and made some noises about moving to another hotel with water, and they went and did something, I know not what, and, presto, I had water. I then went and got more choripanes, and did not get sick, yet.

I spent most of the afternoon at the beach, after absolutely covering myself with sunblock. The water is freezing, imagine San Diego`s beaches in June. I went in, but did not stay in for long. The beach itself is nice, and there is enough of a breeze to drive away the mosquitos.

Tomorrow, I should move on to Punta del Este, 80 miles or so down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment